Today, polarkernel added a new random bumping feature to remind readers of potentially interesting content of PO.The current bumping rules are as follows:
* A new bump is created at random time between 6 and 18 hours since the previous bump.
* Bumped posts are older than 90 days.
* They are selected among the following groups:
- 30% unanswered questions (invitation to write an answer).
- 30% posts with total Q&A votes >8 (reminder of goodies we have).
- 40% all other posts from Q&A (show representative selection).
* To give more weight to rarer topics, the relative weight w for random selection is
- w = max(0,netvote of question)+(sum(max(0,netvote) of answers)/(frequency of the most frequent tag)
- where the (obsolete but still existing) tag 'research-level' is excluded from this computation.
* Questions once bumped are excluded from future selection
* Do bumped questions get activity (what we all hope) they appear as normal activity in the list and a new bump will be created within maximum one hour.