I am thinking if it is good to ask a poll question like "Interesting preprints of Jan 2012".
IMHO it may be fruitful (personally I think that I miss a lot of good preprints for various reasons).
- it's a natural extension of the idea of journal club upgraded to web2.0 (with all its benefits)
- is a poll question
- the most interesting only for a number of months (?)
When it comes to details, I suggest the following:
- Community Wiki by default
- references should be followed by summary saying what is the result and (implicitly or explicitly) why it is important/interesting/insightful/...
- simply copying&pasting abstract is not enough
- critical remarks are welcome as well
- no self-advertisement
- timescale and topic scale are up to fine tuning
What is your opinion? (Both with respect to the general idea and its details).
As the meta-question got +6, I posted it as Papers and preprints worth reading, Jan-midFeb 2012.
This post has been migrated from (A51.SE)