I think that the TP.SE question Public beta: Attracting users? is also relevant to us.
In my opinion, there are some plug-ins (a job for polarkernel) remaining to be installed as soon as possible, such as
These plug-ins are good to have, and the first one is almost a necessity. I wonder why Q2A does not incorporate it in it's core.
The second one gives admins some great tools to see how well the site is faring at a glance. It could even be made public I hope.
Additionally, we also may want to decide on solutions for having a chat room. That somehow reminds me; we may also consider retaining the tpproposal blog as a (hopefully $\infty$) life-long blog for Physics Overflow. The chat room; I'm not sure if we should wait for the public beta to start or not, but I just thought of reminding everyone about it.
From the things you have listed the following need to be done by 0000 hours, [CEST]
- We should invite everyone listed in the blog post.
- [DONE] I (and anyone else who is interested) need to finish [DONE] 14 and [DONE] 15 of the FAQ.
- [DONE] The long users need to be corrected (I will do this).
- [DONE] The main page needs to be set to Q&A. (a job for polarkernel)
- [DONE] Change permissions
- [DONE] Edit robots.txt; allowing / but disallowing /revisions and /revisions/ (a job for polarkernel and dimension10)
- [DONE] Changing all admin-added links (in the sidebar, navbar, etc.)
- [DONE] Post a welcome to public beta
- [DONE] Post a post on an intro to the reviewing section
- [DONE; to be expanded] Post a "Help Promote Physics Overflow" post.
- [TO BE DONE ASAP] Set your alarm clocks right for 2300 GMT/UCT(Wed), 0000 CEST, 0430 IST, 0700 ECST, 1900 (Wed) EAST, or 1600 (Wed) WAST.
- (additions by <polarkernel>)
- [DONE] Shut the site down for proper movement
- [DONE] Move the site to the root http://www.physicsoverflow.org/
- [DONE] Restart the site, accessible only for super-administrators.
- [DONE] Open the new site and going online.
- [DONE] Open the champagne and propose a toast to this great team!
- (additions by </polarkernel>)
- [DONE] Announce on the TRF thread
- Dilaton will write a guest post on TRF
- [DONE] Announce on the blog
- [DONE] Post on Quora.
- [DONE] Post on meta.MO.
- On the blog, user10001 (dushya) had the idea of promoting the site to various physicists in the world.